Sunday, December 28, 2008

Between The Holidays!

Hmmm. Well, Christmas has past and we're ambling toward New Year's Eve. I'm actually doing writerly things--like meeting with two very new "think they want to be "writers. Had a great conversation. Perhaps I can help them on their way to publication. Of course they're making all the mistakes every beginning writer makes. At least I can encourage them to NEVER GIVE UP! And to go shopping for their new "want-to-be-an-author's" THICK SKIN. Writing is and art. Publishing is a business. Never confuse the two. We'll see how it goes. I've agreed to meet with them again. Hmmm.

I'm starting over on the sequel to No Place for a Lady. It's amazing how much trouble an obscure volcano eruption can cause to a plot. At least to a tale set in 1816. Whew! It's a whole new book.

Stay tuned. The feathers are ruffled and flying in the nest.

No comments: