Friday, January 8, 2010

Best Buy for the New Year

Here's a way to start the new year right. Before you decide to buy yourself an e-book reader, ignore all the hype from Amazon and Sony and all the others and take a look at what may be the best buy of all, The eBookwise-1150. It's a compact reader that has lots of good features, holds lots of books, fairly easy book buying capability and it's under $100!

You read that right. The 1150 sells for $89.95. It's the closest reader to my old favorite the Rocket e-book. It's the only one that's backlit as far as I can tell. I love that feature. Check out http://www.ebookwise.com/. I own a Reb 1100, which was the precursor to this device.

While it's not as flashy as the Kindle, it's a solid workhorse and will serve you well, I think. It will read multiple formats, including files you've created yourself, without a lot of fuss and bother.

A good way to start out the new year! Read on!

1 comment:

Edna said...

I love my books and like the good old Southern Gospel Hymns, they both are out. This younger genration like things different that I. I will keep my good books but I guess at some point in time I will have to give up and buy one of those electronic readers, but I will never give up my Hymns, I stopped going to church because of that type of music, I played the organ and all the churches have gone comtempiery music, my husband and I still read our Bibles, pray before meals but we do our worship here at home. Oh well I guess this old woman will hush, I really hate it for all the publishers and the people that will lose their jobs because of e-books.
May God Bless

mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net